Friday, March 16, 2012

Update on The Oldest Living Vampire in Love

Hey, gang! I just wanted to update you on the progress I have been making on the next installment of the Oldest Living Vampire Saga. As you know, I am past the deadline I set for myself for Volume 3, but this important chapter of the saga has grown considerably. There are lots of new characters, and some important plotlines will be revealed. Please be patient as I hammer out the last 30,000 words.

Right now I am in the middle of chronicling the origins of the vampire Zenzele, the fierce female blood drinker who steals Gon's heart in this volume. Fear not, even though this volume is sort of a "romance", I am doing my best to turn the conventions of romantic literature on its ear.

The relationship between Gon and Zenzele is NOT going to be your typical "save the girl" or "fix the guy" type plots. These are mature, unusual and complex creatures, and hopefully I can make their love affair just as complex and unusual. Zenzele is no shrinking violet, waiting for her knight in shining armor to come rescue her. She is a powerful, sometimes ruthless woman. And Gon... well, he is just as sentimental and bloodthirsty as ever.

The book is looking like it's going to end up being about 120,000 words, twice as long as the other volumes. I hope it's twice as good, too!

I can never tell when I'm in the middle of writing something if it is good or not, but I will say that I am having a lot of fun with it. It's always a good sign when you get up every day and can't wait to return to your fictional universe.

I'll keep you guys updated as it nears completion!

RR

5 comments:

  1. I have just finished the second book and if this one is half as good as that it will be amazing take all the time you need to write ill still wait to read it thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting ridiculously excited.........can't wait can't wait can't wait........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read the first two an eagerly await the next instalment, cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the 3rd installment, when do you think book 4 will be out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the 3 so far! can't wait till the 4th is out. Reborn.

    ReplyDelete